Science experiment goes wrong

Science experiment goes wrong, grade 9 students suffer burns

12 Shares

Mountain Province — A science experiment went awry after three grade 9 students from the Mountain Province suffered burns on their faces.

In a report from GMA 7’s “24 Oras Weekend“, the three students: Jaden Caranto, Gina Espiritu, and Hannah Louise Nabunat were conducting a science experiment. They were trying to boil water using an alcohol lamp when their teacher tried to hasten the process by pouring more alcohol into the burner.

“Linagyan ni ma’am ng alcohol, tapos sinindihan niya kaya nung nilagyan niya, sumabog at sa aming napunta, sa akin napunta,” Caranto said in the report.

“Wala namang nakalagay sa book na gagamitin eh. Hindi rin sinabi ni ma’am, kaya wala. Sinunod po namin ‘yung procedure na nakalagay sa book,” she added.

The three grade 9 students were first taken to the school clinic to receive first aid and were later rushed to the hospital.

Both the teacher and school officials had yet to comment on the incident.

Read Viral: Teacher looks after her student’s baby as student-mom takes the test

Source: GMA News

Facebook Comments

12 Shares